Tuesday, January 29, 2008

We are Going!

The past few days have been a bit of a whirlwind. Not so much in our lives, but in our hearts and minds. Last Friday our Pastor asked me if I wanted to go to Beirut Lebanon on a mission trip. We have a missionary at the Lebanese Seminary and Christian School who needs help with a children's camp. Every time a mission trip comes up my heart longs to go. Especially when it involves children. And every time I give into my fears and decline to go. I cry when they leave and cry when they return. My heart grieved knowing that once again I had been disobedient to the Lord.

But this time....I am going. It is just time to let the fear go and be obedient to the Lord's leading. I am stepping out of my comfort zone is a big way. Now that I am going it seems really silly to have put it off for so long. There is nothing like the peace of being in God's will. It is sweet!

On Sunday morning, Mark talked with Pastor and....you guessed it. Mark is going too! There are so many details to take care of. We have already seen the Lord at work in preparing us. All the years of working with children of all ages has only served to prepare us for this opportunity. The joy of serving Him is so awesome I can't even begin to discribe it to you.

We leave on March 16th for a 10 day trip to Beirut, Lebanon. It is sure to be an adventure for us. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

No comments: