Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hitting the Books

Things are slowing down now that the holidays have passed. There is no real excuse for not writing since the 4th. Just life and all the stuff that goes with it.

I have hit the books again. I am reading like mad to finish another book before starting my NANC training in February. NANC is National Associate of Nouthetic Counselors. The short of it is trained Biblical Counselors. I go to Lafayette, Indiana the week of February 10 for 5 days of intense training. 8am to 8pm for 5 days. It will be like trying to get a drink from a fire hose. Lots of information to absorb. I am trying to figure out how I will remember it all.

The more I read the more I learn of God and his ways. The incredible way the Bible intertwines with itself is amazing to me. The ins and outs of the sin nature and the affects of sin are convicting. With each new thing I learn, my heart grows more and more thankful for Christ. There is so much information in the Word that I am amazed everyone is not flocking to read it! But we don't, we just take it for granted. It has always been on the coffee table and it always will be there. Make me beg forgiveness for all the times I walk right past it for something that "just can't wait". Boy! do we know how to waste time or what!

Lord, help me to increase my study of your Word and be able to apply the truth that is there.

No comments: