Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Cost of Walking with Christ

Sunday evening we had an incredible baptism service at our church. Every time I witness this outward expression of death to self and life in Christ, I weep like a baby. My heart is overflowing with praise for the grace of God that is poured out on our lives. It is truly awesome to stop the crazy world outside and spend time listening to the testimonies of the changed lives of fellow believers.

Being on staff, I get a sneak preview of the testimonies. This gives me a little different perspective on their stories. This inside scoop, if you will, can sometimes be heart wrenching. I call it "knowing too much". This time it was a story that is just hard to shake. One of persecution. We don't think about people paying a price to walk with Christ. We forget that persecution is alive and well among us.

To protect their identity, I will simple say this. Their life is a living example of Luke 6:27-28. "But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Please pray for this dear believer. They are standing firm, holding God's hand, and walking with Him. Pray for their faith to remain strong, and their witness pure and affective.

No comments: