Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Stop This Merry go round, I Want Off!

'Tis the season for hectic schedules and ours is crazy. We are having our annual Christmas Celebration at church and since I work there I am in the midst of the preparations. Not to mention Mark, Andrea and I all sing in the choir. This week's schedule is:
Monday - put up the trees and begin to decorate.
Tuesday - finish decorating the house and clean up.
Wednesday - Mark teaches Awana, I go to the grocery and cook dinner for a friend.
Thursday - Set up for the program followed by Ensemble practice and Choir practice.
Friday - Dress rehearsal for the concert.
Saturday - 15 college students from church for Christmas Brunch at our house followed by the first performance of The Christmas Celebration.
Sunday - first service our church, second service at Andrew and Crystal's church for Lanning's Dedication then back to our church at 5:30 for the second performance of the Christmas Celebration.

Sometimes it is like riding a merry-go-round that is spinning out of control and it makes me want to yell "Stop this thing and let me off!" I just need to catch my breath.

We get so busy at this time of year that we often forget why we do what we do. Why do we buy presents? Why do we celebrate Christmas? Why do we have family over? Why do we attend Christmas events?

Because Christ came to earth to provide for our salvation. If we miss the reason for the celebration, then we miss the whole purpose. I try each day to take a deep breath, clear my mind of all the hustle and bustle and think about Christ. Why He came. Who He is. How can I praise and glorify Him more. It keeps me grounded.

No comments: