Thursday, November 15, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is my mother's birthday. She lives in Indiana so I don't get to spend the day with her. But I do want to honor her on her special day.

Many trials have come upon the life of Judy Sedruley. Some self inflicted and others thrust upon her. But each time I have watched her pull up her bootstraps and keep walking. She is a strong woman. One who does not "take it lying down". In the midst of life she continues to love her family.

I will never forget the night Stan died. Mom and I had mended our broken relationship. I simply called her and she came. No questions asked. There was no "It is late so I will come in the morning." I needed her and she came. That is what a mother does. She is a faithful mother and friend.

Mom in coming for Thanksgiving this year. I will be driving to Southern Indiana to meet my sister and pick up Mom on Monday. It is just too far for her to drive it alone. I can't tell you how thrilled I am! As you get older and somewhat wiser, you realize that just as your children, parents will not be here forever. Their days are numbered just like the rest of us. I pray this Thanksgiving Mom will feel comfortable in our home. That she will see her child rearing years did good. But mostly that she will see the love of Christ in our family.

I am thankful for my mom. I pray the Lord's blessings on her. Happy Birthday, Mom!

No comments: