Thursday, February 14, 2008

God's Word - Amazing

I can't begin to count the times I have been told by preachers and friends that God's Word is all we need. It is one of those statements you hear and go "yes, I know" and move on. To attend the Nashville Conference on the Church and Theology and hear these great men of God stress the importance of sharing the Word and then coming to this Conference for Biblical Counseling and hearing how the Word alone impacts lives is almost overwhelming.

It's not that I have never read the Word or studied the Word before. It's that the Lord has given me a renewed excitement and appreciation for His Word. It does contain all we need for life and godliness. We just have it open it, read it and apply it. How often do we take the Word for granted. Something we carry to church, something we read before breakfast or in a time of trial. Do we really see it for what it is? The inspired Word Of God! Spoken by Him for us! does that not excite your soul?

I encourage you to crack it open. Take a new look at the scriptures we hear so often. The one that always pop into our minds and give them and examination. I promise you His Word speaks. Do we listen?

No comments: