Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder...

I know. It has been about 6 weeks since I have written anything in this blog. I can assure you it is not because I have not had things to write about. Just most of the things that have been going on, I can't put on the blog. Too personal, to confidential.

One thing I can share is that I miss my grandchildren terribly. In fact terribly does not even cut it. Just thinking of them makes me tear up. We will be seeing Haley and Lanning this weekend when we go to Mom and Dad McKay's. I won't see Caitlyn, Kylie, JohnDavid and Luke until Thanksgiving. That just seems so very far away. It will be hear soon enough but it can't get here quick enough for me.

How do these little people get under your skin? How do they steal your heart and capture your thoughts without even being around? I guess it is just one of those secrets of life that we are not meant to understand. If we did understand we would be able to plan a defense. And that would not be good. We would all lose on that deal. We need them to keep us in a state of anticipation of their next visit. To keep us laughing and loving. To keep our inner child alive. Playing with Polly Pockets, rolling a ball on the floor or growling like the hulk may not sound like a great weekend to you, but I would beg to differ.

Kisses and hugs to my precious little ones. Grandma is counting the days.

No comments: